Sunday, February 17, 2008

Another Oil Change today

Well I did my wife's oil change today on her 2000 Grand Caravan. It's actually been over due for a few weeks now. The between opportunity and weather this time of year it's been tough to get to. I personally hate working in the cold but it does have to get done. I had my five year old son helping me out. He's very inquisitive and it's fun trying to explain what I'm doing. It makes me wonder what automobiles will be like when he grows up. Will there be any V8's left? Will we all be driving some type of hybrid or electric cars by then? It is my goal to have some classic vehicle to tinker with someday and I hope he'd be interested enough to help out.

On another car related note we've started the process of building my son's race car for his upcoming Pinewood Derby race for his Royal Ranger's. We hit a minor glitch when my wife brought the cars to her cousins and had them cut already without me knowing. It kind of ticked me off a bit because I had ordered some plans for a police car and stock car and now they are already cut to different shapes. We may pick up another to build the police car which my son wanted. One of those miscommunication deals between husband and wife.

No comments: