Sunday, February 10, 2008

How not to write an Ebay Motors ad


If you go by the pictures this appears to be a very nice example of a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air. It's until you read the ad that's the kicker here. The guy did the pictures part very well I'll give him that much. Unfortunately the ad is very sloppily written and also it has too much information. He writes in caps,different colors, lack of punctuation, bad spelling, paragraphs and sentences run into each other. I think the phrase"less is more" applies here. I'm not perfect myself as far as writing but, this one was hard to pass up. To the average to serious bidder they will pass this one by just on the looks the ad. Which is unfortunate because it would seem like a decent car that if I read the ad right that he put a lot of work into it. He just won't get top dollar for it that he perhaps deserves.

No comments: